Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Rice?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    So the question is, regardless of record, in your opinion, does this make my team better?
    I would say it does make your team better, but I will say that Mathews is a much bigger risk at RB than Rice. If he stays healthy, you might be able to ride him to the playoffs. Ray Rice is uncontested in Baltimore while it seems like Mathews is getting 2/3 of the carries and 2/5 of the receptions for RBs. The receptions number will likely drop with Gates back in the picture. While Wallace will help with WRs, Green, Bowe, and Maclin all have essentially the same production amongst themselves and the drop off isn't that significant from Wallace to any one of those 3 guys. You're only adding maybe 4-5 points a week. I think it does help a bit, but om not sure if it's enough to set you apart and Mathews can screw you more than Rice.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    Update. Looks like I can make a play for Wallace without including Rice for Mathews in the deal. I disagree that Wallace isn't a big upgrade, he's on a different level. The guy wants AJ Green, another receiver (likely Holmes or Heyward-Bey), and DeAngelo Williams. I'd get Wallace and Felix Jones (I put a fairly hefty bid in for DeMarco Murray).

Don't want to lose AJ, but to get Wallace, I've got to give something up. And even if I kept him, AJ would be my #4 behind Wallace, Maclin, and Bowe. There's no flex (start 3 WR), and I'd still have plenty of depth. And with Vick (my keeper for this year), Rice, McFadden, Wallace, Maclin, Bowe, and Graham, that's a scary starting lineup.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

With AJ Green and Maclin, the upgrade is about 150 yards and in the case of Green, about 5 more catches, in the case of Maclin, it's a drop of 4 catches, but an increase of a TD. Wallace is an upgrade over either of about 3-4 points a week or an added 40 points over the course of the season if you make the playoffs. You're still coming out ahead, but it's not exactly a whole other level.

Blog Entries
    True, but there's also a certain consistency with Wallace and Roethlisberger. Green has been a bit up and down, and while the fantasy playoffs look decent, they have a tough schedule coming up. Plus, when the weather gets bad, Dalton may struggle a bit due to his relative lack of arm strength.

Thanks to everyone for the input. I had talked myself into getting Mathews for Rice in the deal for Wallace, but with that off the table, getting Wallace without having to give up Rice seems awfully appealing. Would rather not get rid of Green, but with Holmes, M. Williams, and G. Little still on my bench, and the possibility to take a chance on Demaryius Thomas on waivers, it's not like I'd be lacking depth.

I won DeMarco Murray in the waiver process. If I deal DeAngelo, Green, and Heyward-Bey, would you ask him to throw in F. Jones, The Lawfirm, or Torain along with Wallace in a PPR? I was leaning Jones, but the more I think about it, I wouldn't mind the upside of Torain.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

That's a very good point with consistency. Green definitely could hit a wall.

I think I'd ask for BJGE. He's shown a lot the past couple weeks and seems determined to keep Ridley off the field. They're all pretty bad though. BJGE and Torain could be benched at any time for no reason and Felix is just way too banged up.