Thread: Cleveland Browns Fan Beginning To Question His Future With Team

Blog Entries

Cleveland Browns Fan Beginning To Question His Future With Team

From 'The Onion.' Yes, I know we have an Onion thread. I do not care.

CLEVELAND—Local contractor and lifelong Browns fan Tim Rogan, 32, revealed in an interview Monday that he is beginning to seriously question his once promising future with the team. "Things started out so well, it almost seemed magical," said Rogan, reflecting on the first time he ever strapped on a Cleveland Browns helmet and headed out to the backyard to pretend he was Bernie Kosar. "I've been trying to maintain my enthusiasm for the rebuilding phase they’ve been going through for the past 20 years, but right now I don't even understand what they're trying to do with the team. I feel as if guys like me aren't even a part of their thinking anymore." As of press time, the Jacksonville Jaguars had expressed interest in Rogan, saying a fan is exactly what their organization has been lacking for some time.
    @kocsan

As of press time, the Jacksonville Jaguars had expressed interest in Rogan, saying a fan is exactly what their organization has been lacking for some time
    Hilarious.

But, this article is a joke, but you know... some salient points were made.

Some teams seem to tease their fans with entire seasons where they show promise, Browns fans seem to get games - think of last year's inexplicable two week run where the Saints and pats were knocked off. Then came the heartbreaker against the Jets... and the season ended with consecutive losses against the 3 rivals. Yet, we thought maybe, just maybe...

Now where are the Browns? Nailed to the floor of the division with their franchise running back looking like a pissed off stiff and the QB of the future looking like mediocrity incarnate.

ARRRGGGHHH!!!
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

I think this is why Mike Holmgren was shuffled out at Seattle. Like Bill Parcells, he's a better coach than GM.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes there's more truth in fiction, obviously. I've been waiting my whole life for this team to be good, and I'm still waiting. That, however, is not Mike Holmgren's fault just yet; the team has only played 21 games with him in charge.
    @kocsan

Fair enough.