Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Good, the Bad and the 49ers - Week 6

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Excellent diagnosis of the 49ers "wham" play that gave the Lions fits on Sunday.
    The Bears used a similar play and had success against the Lions but Martz being Martz didn't stick with it. I don't think the Lions should go wide 9 unless Suh and Fairley are on the field together. That defense looks like it needs two monster tackles to run well.

Also, Hoser, get rid of the Singletary quote! Haha

Your RG flat dominated Fairley in the first half. Pushed him straight back every time they were matched up. Dunno his name, but that dude deserves a raise. Actually that whole o-line is for real.

My comparisons to Bo are mostly complimentary. But my only serious gripe with Bo was that he was the Zen Master of coming from ahead to lose. Harbaugh coaches in a manner so similar to Bo it would worry me if I were a SF fan.

It is too bad HandShakeGate garnered so much attention. The officiating in that game was a joke from either side. Mike Carey and crew need a hard smack in the back of the head for that pathetic performance.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

The officiating was horrible and quite frankly I think it cost the Lions the game. That's why I find it hard to celebrate this win. It's like Bears fans last year after the Calvin Johnson game.

As for "coming from ahead to lose", Harbaugh did that against the Cowboys. And yes, it was frustrating as hell to watch.

Blog Entries
    Crabtree not getting two feet down on a touchdown notwithstanding, his stat line said he could nine balls for 77 yards. How did those look?

Also, is Braylon Edwards expected to be back after bye? I can't stand the guy, but I can't deny that he has talent. With Frank Gore running the ball and (potentially) two acceptable outside receivers, something like an offense might develop in the next couple of weeks. I'm just saying.
    @kocsan

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    The officiating was horrible and quite frankly I think it cost the Lions the game. That's why I find it hard to celebrate this win. It's like Bears fans last year after the Calvin Johnson game.

As for "coming from ahead to lose", Harbaugh did that against the Cowboys. And yes, it was frustrating as hell to watch.
    Hopefully for 49ers fans, Harbaugh at least sets the "put it in park mark" at 17+ points. When Jim was at Michigan, Bo put it in park if the they were up more than 7 points at the half. It was classic arrogance that field position & defense would protect the lead. Not so in today's game.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Crabtree caught a lot of short hitches and did nothing after the catch as evidenced by his 8.6 yards per catch.

Braylon is expected back after the bye. I actually think Braylon will be good for the 49ers. Braylon has Brandon Lloyd Disease - he makes the circus catches and drops the easy ones. With Alex Smith at QB every catch is tough.

Blog Entries
    You know, I had a giant brain spasm and forgot they split RotY into Offense and Defense.

I can't think of any other rookie defender that is close to Aldon Smith right now.
    Ryan Kerigan has looked very good as well.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Meh...when a better one comes along. Besides it's still used by my favorite podcast "No Agenda Show."
    If the 49'ers success offends you...so be it.
    Namaste...*****es.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    Meh...when a better one comes along. Besides it's still used by my favorite podcast "No Agenda Show."
    My new favorite is "Singletary was fired with an F"

I found a replacement.

Thank you coach Harbaugh.
    If the 49'ers success offends you...so be it.
    Namaste...*****es.