Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Palmer Era Begins.

The Palmer Era Begins.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sadly, no Raiders fans can afford internet access to read this posting, but Jesus God almighty!

Hope the Raiders enjoyed their week in a playoff position. It'll probably be 5 years before they reach it again.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    That was ugly. He was floating a lot of those passes.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

I would imagine that Hue Jackson did not have a very good night's sleep.

Apparently, the Palmer trade was his move, and apparently, he is now Coach and GM of the team. While one game does not a season make, the signs are not good.

They play the Broncos, Dolphins and Vikings... as well as the Chargers twice, the Lions, Packers and Chiefs in KC.

I'm calling 7-9, and suddenly a Bills' wild card place doesn't seem so far fetched.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

I'm calling it now (and again). The wild cards will come from the north and east. Duh!
    “Everybody counts or nobody does.” – Detective Harry Bosch

Blog Entries
    What you guys don't know is that it would take a 6 pick, shutout loss to the Chiefs, plus a virgin sacrifice, to bring Al Davis back from the dead. It's all part of the plan.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    I don't think they are dead yet. It was an ugly game, but it was just one game.
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.

I'm holding off on judgement at this point. Yes, Palmer didn't look good but he had been there for 3 days, they were down 21, and McFadden wasn't in the game. I will let this game pass for the Raiders and give them the bye week to get it together. But if they come out in week 9 and lose to Tebow at home....Panic time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RSConn5 View Post
    I'm holding off on judgement at this point. Yes, Palmer didn't look good but he had been there for 3 days, they were down 21, and McFadden wasn't in the game. I will let this game pass for the Raiders and give them the bye week to get it together. But if they come out in week 9 and lose to Tebow at home....Panic time.
    I know what you mean, because he had no timing with the WR. But some of the throws looked like they had no zip. Hopefully for Carson, it was just a fluky day. If you read MMQB, it was clear that he didn't expect the start.
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

The lack of zip is going to be the big issue going forward. I suspect the Hue Jackson, David Dunn (Jackson and Carson's agent) and Chuck Breshnahan are remembering the good old days of Carson and Jackson was able to push this move through an unsettled Oakland front office situation. I think Jackson is finding out that he did not get the rocket-armed QB he remembered from his days in Cincy. He got an aging QB who suffered a major ligament injury to his elbow and never had it properly worked on and, as a result, can no longer be the down-field passer everyone hopes for. Only time will tell though.

Quote Originally Posted by jdb593 View Post
    The lack of zip is going to be the big issue going forward. I suspect the Hue Jackson, David Dunn (Jackson and Carson's agent) and Chuck Breshnahan are remembering the good old days of Carson and Jackson was able to push this move through an unsettled Oakland front office situation. .
    The same agent you say?

Oh boy...