Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another fragile RB?

From the small sampling I have seen of Best:

He's got the speed and moves to avoid tacklers.

When he gets tackled, he protects the ball and his helmet is always pointing at the end zone.

He does not have 'Reggie Bush-itis'. Bush, to this day, displays an arrogance in the way he carries the ball in that he seems to think he is the best athlete on the field. Best has a knack for finding the seam and moving the ball. His O-linemen will love him for that.

His injury history is scary. If he gets past it, look out.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Best missed fewer games than Ryan Matthews in his college career. His "injury history" isn't out of line for a running back. He missed 7 games in his college career. Adrian Peterson missed 9. Ryan Matthews missed 8, including one for a concussion.

I think the fact that Best is a "small" back draws more attention to his injuries than is warranted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    His injury history is scary. If he gets past it, look out.
    If I recall correctly, the Lions drafted Mel Farr out of UCLA and he just looked superb, and I believe he got hurt on his first carry of the regular season. So...that shouldn't be hard to beat.
    Keep Mel away from the kid just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Best missed fewer games than Ryan Matthews in his college career. His "injury history" isn't out of line for a running back. He missed 7 games in his college career. Adrian Peterson missed 9. Ryan Matthews missed 8, including one for a concussion.

I think the fact that Best is a "small" back draws more attention to his injuries than is warranted.
    The concussion where Best went stiff as a steel rod and banged around on the ground was all the scare needed.

I thought the kid was paralyzed.

Best lloks real good to date. Don't think for second that I am rooting against him.

Keep finishing upfield, kid.

Blog Entries
    I know I'm on a Parcells kick tonight (someone I look up to) but he did say that the Running Back position is disposable in the NFL. That is an important something to keep in mind whether rallying for your team or picking for your fantasy football picks!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

That was a freak hit though GoBig. Not an indication that the kid is injury-prone.

I think the Lions are gonna be real happy they grabbed him.

Clem, I'm already happy we grabbed him. 44 to the house.

One of the best parts about this site is that it's timeless, whatever you say can easily be looked up later. If, for instance, some idiot implies (with lots of disclaimers) that the Lions shouldn't have drafted Jahvid Best, we can resurrect the thread and point out that he's not as smart as he thinks he is (to be fair, no one is as smart as I think I am).

I know he's only 2 games in, but Best is a special player. There an injury risk with any player, you have to measure risk vs upside and Best was well worth the risk. Great pick Lions.

I still have nightmares about Best shredding Miami a couple years back in the Emerald Bowl, and I had no doubts about his abilities as a player. He's the perfect height and has the breakaway speed and agility that makes scouts salivate, but there's always the concern of nagging injuries, as there were with Peterson coming out of OU.

So far, so good. The only problem is I vocalized my man-crush on him a bit too loudly coming into the season, so I wasn't able to get him in a single one of my fantasy leagues. And having played against my roommate yesterday, who has Best in the flex position, I stand before FPL a broken and miserable man.
    [I]"Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're not talking about the game, we're talking about practice."[/I]

Blog Entries
    By talent alone, Best should have been taken in the first round. I may be proven to be an idiot in five years, but I don't like guys with significant college injury history. There is a solid argument that Best's 2.1 years will be worth the inevitable injury because he is so electrifying. I also worry about Bradford, who seems like he was ready to start in the NFL.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast