Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trade Pennington ?

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    When I hear that Miami is thinking about trading Pennington my first thought is that Chad isn't completely healthy. Pat White hasn't exactly been wowing the coaching staff. Miami has 2 late season games at in climate weather stadiums (NE, Jets) and they might not think that Pennington would be an effective QB if he had to play in those stadiums. Miami will push the ball down the field more this year with the acquisition of Marshall, that's not Chad's strength. I would think that Miami has a plan to get another QB if they trade Chad. My guess is that they won't get anything more than a 4th round pick if they trade for a draft choice.
    Well if he is not right medically, then I wouldn't want him. But otherwise I would give Lynch, or a 2nd round pick. I think he would be a good stop gap QB until Luck or Locker get settled in during the 2012 season.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpknOne View Post
    Well if he is not right medically, then I wouldn't want him. But otherwise I would give Lynch, or a 2nd round pick. I think he would be a good stop gap QB until Luck or Locker get settled in during the 2012 season.
    But I don't think they should trade him. I think the fish have a good shot at winning the division this year and the NFL is about depth. And what better than to have depth at the most important position?

Quote Originally Posted by PumpknOne View Post
    As if we'd trade him to the filthy Bills!!! lol...just messing around man...actually we might because honestly it isn't even funny anymore how much you guys get jerked around. Buffalo is a team you should always have to respect...like Oakland, the NFL is worse when you suck. Plus you have two Penn Staters...so I can't hate you anymore.
    "I suggest a new strategy Artoo...Let the Wookie win..."

But.....the K Gun did ruin my adolescence.

Quote Originally Posted by InNOutBurgler View Post
    That makes me feel better.

Fast forward 10 years...Chad Pennington will be coaching in the NFL. Well.

Keeo that guy on your roster.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

My adolescence was ruined by Tom Olivadotti; the worst defensive coordinator of all time. How he kept his job year after year was a mystery to me. Marino would have won a super bowl had we had even an "average" defense. We had good players on defense, but we could not scheme or gameplan to save our lives!!!

For nine years, the team was christened the "Olfans", because they had no "D". The Dolphins consistently put up big numbers. Unfortunately, so did every team we played.

I still go to confession asking for forgiveness for my many attempts on Olivadotti's life.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinsJunkie View Post
    My adolescence was ruined by Tom Olivadotti; the worst defensive coordinator of all time. How he kept his job year after year was a mystery to me. Marino would have won a super bowl had we had even an "average" defense. We had good players on defense, but we could not scheme or gameplan to save our lives!!!

For nine years, the team was christened the "Olfans", because they had no "D". The Dolphins consistently put up big numbers. Unfortunately, so did every team we played.

I still go to confession asking for forgiveness for my many attempts on Olivadotti's life.
    Damn you sir!! Damn you for bringing up that name!!

Damn you sir!! Damn you for bringing up that name!!
    That name has been on my bounty list for years until Jimmy Johnson fired him and put me out of my mysery. Don Shula was too loyal to Olivadotti for some reason. And I've never forgiven Miami's local media for not raising the question of defense enough. Shame on the Herald, Sun Sentinal and WQAM for not pressing the issue. He would have never survived in a real sports town; yeah I said it...
    Last edited by PhinsJunkie; 08-16-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Chad has a starter mentality and still believes he is one of the better QBs. Maybe the Dolphins are thinking about next year knowing Pennington will be somewhere else.
    Front offices have always had a get what you can mentality, if they trade Penninton they better get something good, remember the Dolphins passed on Drew Brees
    because he was coming off a shoulder injury.