Thread: MVP out for the year

MVP out for the year

That's right, our best player from last year is out for the year. Limas Sweed blew out his achilles. When I say 'we', of course, I'm talking about my Bengals. Without Sweed we probably wouldn't have won the division last year. Take care of yourself Limas, we need you.

2. Cold, very cold. That makes Big Ben you MVP for this year, right?

In all seriousness, Steelers fans should be more worried about Willie Colon being out for the year...when Ben does return, he'll be down one of his best protectors on an already weak O-line.

Will the Steelers' makeshift O-line be able to run-block effectively? The Steelers are probably going to have to write a check to Flozell Adams or someone else to shore up their depth.

I have to think that running the ball will suddenly become a priority with Ben out for 4-6 games. Mendenhall is an adequate starter but not a marquee back-he will probably have 1300 yards and 10 TDs this year (barring major injury). Backup Mewelde Moore will probably only be on the field for passing downs. Dwyer looks like a promising inside running threat but you never know if a rookie will contribute right away. If the Steelers' run game does not produce early in the season, I think the Steelers will have trouble winning games. The aging defense and a suspect special teams unit are also concerns. I think it will be a minor miracle if this team wins more than 7 games.