Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will the carries be split?

How will the carries be split?

How will the carries be split b/w Brown and Williams? Is Ronnie 100% healthy?

Ronnie is healthy, the foot is fine, and ready to go. It's not just Ricky and Ronnie, they will get the bulk of the carries but Pat Cobbs will get some carries, Lex Hilliard and Lousaka Polite (FB) will get all the hard 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2, 4th and 1 carries.
    Buckle Dem Chinstraps Primadonnas!

If Ronnie Brown is 100%, that's a scary offense. They've already shown that they can run against an 8 man front. As I've stated in other threads, I'm not sold on Chad Henne. But now with Brandon Marshall they have a 'just throw it and he'll go get it' receiver, can teams really single cover him? The biggest question for the Dolphins is the pass rush. A lot of pressure on Koa Misi.

All I've heard is that Ronnie is 100%, of course the problem with him is "for how long"? He has only made it through the season once without injury. We'll see. More out of Dolphins camp is how aggressive the defense is playing under Mike Nolan. Lots of variations on Blitz packages, pressure coming from everywhich way. Misi has been playing well but most of talk I've heard the last couple of days is centering around Cameron Wake. If it is all to be believed, the light has come on for him and his run stopping and coverage skills have improved greatly. You have to give it a little credence because they pulled him off special teams and he has only worked with the defense the last couple of days. There has been much made of the loss of Porter and Taylor, I submit to you that right now Wake is better than Porter is and there will be an increase in output from that position this year. If you haven't seen Wake you really owe it to yourself to check him out. He had 5 1/2 sacks in limited playing time last year. Odrick is playing very well also. I guess he gave Jake Long all he could handle on a play in practice yesterday which is no small feat.

Let's not forget the fact that Odrick and Misi will have to battle through the standard rookie learning curve. In the secondary, Davis and Smith need to up their game. I don't think they were as awful as their yards and touchdowns given up stats, but they need to become consistent.

As for the rushing situation, I would think Brown would get most of the carries, but this Sparano quote from the Palm Beach Post has me second guessing: Sparano on the possibility of Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown both rushing for 1,000 yards this year: "I guess it’s realistic cause you’ve got two good players there. … But I think a lot of good things have to happen for that to happen."

What are the chances they'll go 50/50 with the carries?

Ronnie is in a contract year. I expect him to have a pro bowl year with the carries being split in 75-25 in his favor. I'm not sure how much of the wildcat he will run, but his versatility with in the running and passing games will become very evident and heavily relied upon.

Blog Entries
    That is a Good ?; I think they will see a good dose of Ronnie Brown & that he will be playing this year; I can see how the team is going to play with the Wildcat as expected with Brown healthy; Good Man to do it!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Looked like Ronnie got all the 1st team carries tonight. It's just preseason, but that's a good sign for Ronnie.

I told you guys Ronnie was fine. I don't understand why he was back on the field for 1 carry late in the 2nd.

Sloppy field and serious rain for the first team offense. I can't wait to kick the freakin' Marlins to the curb after 2011. The weather really made it impossible to judge much of all for the first team guys.

I agree. That game will only allow you to assess how the guys may fare in adverse weather conditions. The only highlight that I can see was our punting game. Feilds averaged 53 yards on 7 punts. That's a great sign. But it doesn't say a whole lot about the game when punting is the only thing you can get excited about. Bradon Marshall seemed a little nervous out there and even short armed a pass. But I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt being that this was just a pre-season game played in the rain.