Thread: Bears O-Line Announced

Blog Entries

Bears O-Line Announced

Martz and Tice have both said that the O-Line has been the most improved group in camp...I PRAY that they are correct...starting five appears to be Williams, Garza, Kreutz, Louis, Omiyale....sounds like Omiyale is the biggest question mark right now, only because he is still learning the right side...Tice and Martz apparently said he is too talented to NOT start him though, so I hope the work in process pays off before it's too late in the season, and it's not Cutler's blind side, so that's at least a minor positive. Left side sounds like it will be a lot better this year!
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Blog Entries
    I've got a good feeling about this year. I don't expect a dominant O-line, but I think we'll have a competent one. With both Forte and Taylor as cerdible receiving threats, I think we'll see a lot of screens, which should reduce the grind on the O-line as well.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

The left side should be solid, assuming Williams back holds up. The right side is a work in progress. I haven't seen enough of Lance Louis to have an opinion. He was a 7th round pick last year and had some off-field problems. I think of Omiyale as a guard, has he spent much time at tackle?

Of course Bears' coaches are going to be optimistic this time of year. They've picked the best guys they have, but it remains to be seen if their best is good enough. I know you Bears' fans are hoping for the best, but as an impartial observer they have to show me something. And if the 1st stringers don't perform they don't have much depth, aside from Kevin Shaffer.

Week 1 Cliff Avril and Julian Peterson will be coming hard at that right side. Two very talented speed rushers, I hope their ready. Not to mention Suh, Sammie Lee, KVB on the rest of the line.

Blog Entries
    And the league's weakest pass defense...
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    I once referred to Kevin Shaffer as a Human Turnstile. So, I guess that is depth if Omiyale stinks as I suspect he might. I still have night sweats about his pull blocks from last year which were also known as the plays where Frank Omiyale jogs behind the defender he was supposed to block.

I believe in duct tape and in the fact that Mike Tice is a good enough coach that he might make the line good enough. Overall hope is medium and expectation is low.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Now that you mention it, I do remember Cris highlighting more than a few plays with Omiyale attempting to pull and not doing much more than clogging the hole.