Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fair trade or BS

Fair trade or BS

So someone I'm playing in a league was allowed to make this trade....These four for a hurt player..really

xxxxxxxx traded Cedric Benson RB - CIN, Dwayne Bowe WR - KC , Ryan Mathews RB - SD , Mike Tolbert RB - SD to xxxxxxxx for Darren McFadden RB - OAK
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Blog Entries
    Are you in the same league as me? I think I saw that notification in email. Actually it was originally 5 for 1, but that one was denied.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Yea, and this league is for fun so not a huge deal but sure smells of Collusion
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Blog Entries
    I didn't get to pick my team, and it stinks, so it's not a big deal. I didn't vote. I also won't screw anybody else over by trading the few players I do have away though.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    That trade went through? How? Well, that's one less team I have to update each week.

Starter in most leagues, Starter in most leagues, Starter in some leagues and a crap guy for an injured guy.

Nope. Not fair.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

That's too much for McFadden. He'll be back soon, but his numbers will probably take a hit with Palmer starting. Benson is pretty useless though. I don't know how Bowe's going to fare with Palko.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Interesting that the first deal was vetoed, but then the 4 for 1 was approved.

No way that deal gets approved in any deal where guys put up cash. There'd be bloodshed.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    Sparta and Fess are colluding. I'm calling out names!!!
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Who is the commish in that league?
    -Hugh Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    Interesting that the first deal was vetoed, but then the 4 for 1 was approved.

No way that deal gets approved in any deal where guys put up cash. There'd be bloodshed.
    Not a chance in my money league of a deal of 3-1 or more getting approved. 2-1 are highly scrutinized. It better be 2 pretty good players for a stud. Add to that in that league almost every trade from a losing team to a top 4 team is vetoed after about week 6. 4-1 is bananas, especially for a guy who's hurt. I've won the league 4 years running, am leading this year too. I don't even bother trying to trade, or waste time on the waiver wire. Either the trade gets vetoed, or someone else claims the guy just so I can't. The only pick ups from the waiver I've snuck in I executed at 11:59 so no one had time to block me...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.