Thread: The Good, The Bad, and the 49ers - Week 11

The Good, The Bad, and the 49ers - Week 11

Sloppy field, sloppy weather and a bit of a sloppy game. Alex Smith was frustrated at the post game presser saying that the 49ers left too many plays on the field. Perhaps it felt that way because the 49ers had 87 offensive plays. That seems high. The sloppiness didn't matter in the end because the game was never in doubt. It was apparent from the first drive that Skelton would win the game for the 49ers.

The Good

Pattrick Willis: In the first quarter the Cards had 11 offensive plays. P. Willis had 2.5 tackles, a pass defensed, a forced fumble and an interception. In one quarter. In eleven plays.

The rest of the defense: Five turnovers, held the Cards to under 100 yards rushing and one garbage time TD.

Michael Crabtree: In the last few games Crabtree has started to look like a 1st round draft pick. 7/120 isn't a shabby day. Would have been 8/136 and a TD if Alex hadn't badly overthrown him in the red zone. Alex got him the other 7 balls though.

Time of possession: The most meaningless stat in football unless you're a defensive lineman. The 49ers held the ball 44 to 16 minutes thanks to turnovers and some time-eating drives by the offense.

The Bad

John Skelton: That was horrible football young man.

Special teams: Ugh. It was rainy and sloppy but two blocked field goals? Not to mention two nice Ginn returns nullified by penalty.

Of course I started Akers against Amy in FPL II and lost by TWO FREAKING POINTS. I'm also cutting Wes Welker and his lousy 2.26 points.

and the 49ers

On Offense the 49ers played their usual brand of ugly football. Some really great plays mixed in with some really bad plays. Alex Smith threw his first red zone interception since November of last year and the throw was just plain bad. He also had two really nice throws for TDs. And as usual this year the 49ers ground their ugly offense into the opponent enough to get the win behind a great defense.

Blog Entries
    *Why Am I Doing This. Why Am I Doing This.* Clem, Jed York is on Twitter. Check Him Out. [@JedYork]. Be Nice!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by BuckeyeRidley; 11-23-2011 at 06:11 AM. Reason: [!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Pattrick Willis: In the first quarter the Cards had 11 offensive plays. P. Willis had 2.5 tackles, a pass defensed, a forced fumble and an interception. In one quarter. In eleven plays.
    Willis is so good he earned Takeo Spikes and Aubreyo Franklin big contracts. They aren't exactly living up to them in SD or NOLA...
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Hah Buckeye. I knew about Lucky Sperm.

And no doubt iwatt!

Blog Entries
    Trade Wes to me! I'll take him!
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.