Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ndamukong Suh Embarrassed an Entire Fanbase Today

The weird thing is, off the field Suh is an absolute gentleman. And damn smart. He completely changes on the field. I haven't seen a Jekyll and Hyde act like that since Ronnie Lott.

I don't think that's all that weird, though. Once the adrenaline gets flowing and people get in tight spots, they do stupid and different stuff. A lot of players known for being dirty are very generous and caring people off the field. Once they get inside the lines they only care about winning, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    I will say that I don't remember 'dirty player' being a negative on Suh when he was coming out of Nebraska, so I think Clem may have a point here, especially when you consider Schwartz's public demeanor and his general point of view towards everyone.
    I agree with this. I don't remember dirty being a part of his game at Nebraska. It's a shame, because a player with that much ability doesn't need to add dirty to his resume. But it seems the Lions are trying to give themselves an image, led by him on the field, but perhaps Schwartz is behind it all, encouraging that type of on-the-field behavior.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

I am ashamed of Ndamukong Suh right now. He is an incredible talent. But this kind of idiocy is going to stain the Lions. Other teams are going to continue to goad him and the rest of that dline into more & more stupid penalties. And the refs are gonna be even more free with the flags. The Lions will not get the benefit of the doubt when a scrum takes place in a game, the PF flag will be against them every time.

Way to go, kid.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

The head jamming was bad. The stomp was worse. The post-game lies were the worst of all.

It's one thing to lose your head. It's another to have time to calm down, reflect and ... lie.

One is instinct. The other is character.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    I am ashamed of Ndamukong Suh right now.
    I wouldn't be ashamed of Suh. Ronnie Lott used to get crazy on the field too. Difference was, no internet and no ESPN when Lott played. Suh just needs to tone it down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    I wouldn't be ashamed of Suh. Ronnie Lott used to get crazy on the field too. Difference was, no internet and no ESPN when Lott played. Suh just needs to tone it down a bit.
    This going to cost him big time because of all the coverage the stomping is going to get. His endorsement deals are in jeopardy, IMHO. And he has a bunch of them.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I don't remember Ronnie Lott stomping anyone. And I don't remember him being thought of as dirty. Just a massive-hitting safety who cut off a finger so he could play.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Being dirty and crazy isn't the problem. Being stupid is. That's the issue: he hurts his team with these actions. And then to just deny it? That's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    I don't remember Ronnie Lott stomping anyone. And I don't remember him being thought of as dirty. Just a massive-hitting safety who cut off a finger so he could play.
    Ronnie was good for one late hit a game. Admittedly it wasn't stomping, but it was borderline. I never complained.