Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ndamukong Suh Embarrassed an Entire Fanbase Today

One day later and..............

I'm still disappointed in Suh. You better be contrite the next time someone sticks a microphone or camera in your face, son. If not, the world will be unkind to you to say the least. I'm sure your Twitter & Facebook feeds are getting blown up with people not only supporting what you did, but buying your BS explanation for your actions. Those are the suckers & losers. Listen to a real, true fan. Own it. Apologize for it. Never do it again. Ever.
    Last edited by GoBigOrGoHome; 11-25-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Balance my ass.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

2. The sad thing is that this was supposed to be a coming-out party of sorts for the Lions. Instead it was just another Thanksgiving where the Lions bored the country to death.

Too much celebrating for me with family to get near the TV yet (love that Tivo thingie) but I'll be curious to see this play out now that I've read so much on it. I'm bummed that Biggie's so bummed. This doesn't sound good at all.

Suh is, and will be, ridiculed for his lame attempt at extricating himself from this pickle. I wonder how long it will take him to 'fess up, especially now that he's added a layer of humiliation by trying, with so much energy, to sell his cockamamie excuse?

I also wonder if Schwartz is going to come under scrutiny.

Blog Entries
    My final comment on the matter is to point out that I completely quit following hockey after they repeatedly failed to discipline this sort of activity. Suspend him or risk slowly turning people off the game.

Pet peeve: the non-apology apology.

You know the kind: "I'm sorry if I offended you by calling your mother a whore."

Ndamukong Suh has come up with another type of non-apology apology. Blame others for your transgression even as you pretend to take responsibility for it.

"Playing professional sports is not a game," he said. "It is a profession with great responsibility, and where performance on and off the field should never be compromised. It requires a calm and determined demeanor, which cannot be derailed by the game, referee calls, fans or other players."
    First Rules of Holes: stop digging.

Blog Entries
    Playing professional sports is, in fact, a game.
    @kocsan

Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    Playing professional sports is, in fact, a game.
    A game with rules, that clearly states you cannot slam a man's head repeatedly into the turf, then get up and stomp him out like a gangbanger! This isn't bloods vs crips! The guy wasn't trying to get "jumped in" Then saying you were trying to regain your balance, and saying the man above knows your intent! I mean really? Did he actually believe what he said, or is he a member of a right wing religious group where stomping someone out = gaining your balance? He made himself sound like a word I said I wouldnt use on the forums anymore. Please don't use religious sayings as a shield to your indescretions. Pretty soon, you'll sound like Jim baker.

If he's suspended less than 2 games that's an egregious travesty of justice. It was crazy dirty and in my opinion he sits till next year, after he completes an anger management course.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    I will say that I don't remember 'dirty player' being a negative on Suh when he was coming out of Nebraska, so I think Clem may have a point here, especially when you consider Schwartz's public demeanor and his general point of view towards everyone.
    Before we give Schwartz too much of the blame, Suh's Nebraska teamate, Jets guard Matt Slauson, says Suh was dirty in practice in his Cornhusker days. He's cultivated a certain public image, but we don't really know what he's like behind closed doors. Unless people who know him want to dish, who knows? Suh's "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes." presser makes me think he's probably a bit wacked. Not the first to roam between the white lines, not the last.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...teammate-says/

Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    presser makes me think he's probably a bit wacked.
    Yeah, I got that too.