Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ndamukong Suh Embarrassed an Entire Fanbase Today

Three days later and I'm past the shame and disappointment.

I'm pissed off. Really pissed off.

Your team imploded in a nationally televised game after you went all asshat and stomped a downed man. And now that your team's game against the Saints got 'flexed' into primetime next Sunday, it's gonna be all Suh all the time for the next week. Thanks for making the Lions the Raiders of the Midwest, kid.

Take your suspension like a man, Suh. Don't punk out and appeal on the grounds that Robison's nutshot or A. Johnson's puchnout of Finnegen did not garner suspensions. Don't be a b*tch. Measure yourself by yourself, not others.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Feelin' ya, Big. It's one of those things that is hurts the team for more than one game. Now they all have to deal with the questions, have to walk the line in what they say, endure all the negative press...all the stuff that takes your eyes off the goals you've worked to acheive. And it's not because Suh is a Lion, it's because he's a team leader. When your lead dog takes the wrong turn, the whole team gets off track. How come nobody saw this coming? Is it one of those things where a guy is just so good, such a huge prospect that everybody just looks the other way when any red flags pop up? I don't have a problem with the dirty player thing. Given the franchise history, Bad Boyz Redux is not a bad move. You've been a doormat, so you gotta punch a lot of people in the mouth, I get that. But Suh crossed the line, and maybe he's got a bigger problem no one has wanted to look at. Should be interesting going forward, but just plain bad and unfair for the team and the franchise. Maybe the team needs to make the first move.

Practically speaking, Suh will likely appeal any suspension so that he's eligible for an important game, no? I wonder if the team gets involved and gives him advice to this effect?

If I were WC Ford, I would ask the league to let me handle at least part of Suh's discipline. I get that the NFL needs to act on this. But tacitly allowing them to unilaterally hand down a suspension with no action from the team sends a bad message.

I find it interesting that NONE of Suh's teammates have taken up for him via some sort of social media or other. After Suh's much ballyhooed meeting with Fraudger during the bye week, LB Stephen Tulloch was asked if his teammate shared anything about said meeting with guys in the locker room. Tulloch said (I'm paraphrasing here, but this is real close to verbatim), "Nah. Not a thing. Suh in his own world, man. He prolly off tweeting or facebooking or whatever right now. But he ain't say anything to us about that." That may end up being kinda telling.

That lends a bit of weight to bluestree's speculation, with which I agree, that Suh may be a little "off."

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    If I were WC Ford, I would ask the league to let me handle at least part of Suh's discipline. I get that the NFL needs to act on this. But tacitly allowing them to unilaterally hand down a suspension with no action from the team sends a bad message.

I find it interesting that NONE of Suh's teammates have taken up for him via some sort of social media or other. After Suh's much ballyhooed meeting with Fraudger during the bye week, LB Stephen Tulloch was asked if his teammate shared anything about said meeting with guys in the locker room. Tulloch said (I'm paraphrasing here, but this is real close to verbatim), "Nah. Not a thing. Suh in his own world, man. He prolly off tweeting or facebooking or whatever right now. But he ain't say anything to us about that." That may end up being kinda telling.
    PFT reported that several Lions players got after Suh and that several players around the league called the league office and asked for him to be suspended. If that's true, that's a pretty big deal.

Suspend the fool, have him fined by the league and the team. Personally, I think the Lion fans that he embarrassed should be allowed to kick his candy ass. I'd pay to see that.

Jay Glazer is reporting that Suh will be suspended for two games without pay. His base salary is only $1.405 million this season. The two missed game checks amount to about $176,000 in fines.

Wow, it would seem that the Lions would be better off cutting this guy according to all the opinions voiced here. As a Packer fan, I hope they do cut him.

I have one question though: Since Suh has reversed his gameday stance and apologized for his actions, will you guys continue to bash this guy for his mistake or offer any sort of forgiveness towards him?

Also, Suh didn't cost the Lions the game, the Packers still would've won the game regardless of the various opinions voiced. Matt Stafford was LUCKY he didn't have 2 more picks (1 for a sure pick-6). Matt Stafford was not going to beat the Packers that day because he kept throwing the ball to Green Bay. It's hard to win that way. Just ask Kyle Orton.
    Last edited by Ripperlicious; 11-29-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripperlicious View Post
    ...Suh has reversed his gameday stance and sincerely apologized for his actions...

Not it.