Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ndamukong Suh Embarrassed an Entire Fanbase Today

Ndamukong Suh Embarrassed an Entire Fanbase Today

So your team is hanging in there with the undefeated defending champions. Your defense just forced a fourth and goal and the Packers were most likely going to attempt a field goal to go up 10-0. But you, Mr. Suh, wouldn't have any of that. No. You decided to pin an opponent to the turf, grab him by the helmet and bang his head on the ground two or three times. The flag for that little slice of delta bravo-ness had not even hit the ground when, as you were turning to walk back to the huddle, you decided one personal foul was not enough. So you went ahead and stomped on the guy's arm which led to two things: 1) the Packers received a fresh set of downs on the two yard line and punched in a quick touchdown and 2) our best defensive player got his behind ejected from the game.

Being down 10-0 at home would have been easy enough to overcome if the offense got on track. But going down 14-0 because of a dumbass move like Suh's put the death nail in the Lions today.

Nice going, Suh. Real nice.

Oh yeah. Way to try to explain your actions as "I was losing my balance". What a crock. I have defended you all this time as a tough, nasty but not dirty player. Way to prove me - and thousands of other Lions fans - wrong.

Maybe Subway, Omaha Steaks, Nike, Chrysler and your other sponsors will fire you as their spokesman. And then maybe you can come back to earth and realize that you can't keep playing the way you play. You cost your team the game today. I don't wanna hear about anyone else's poor play. The Lions were going toe to toe with the Packers right up until you decided to be a tough guy.

I bought my boy a big #90 Lions jersey for Christmas. Good thing I still have time to exchange the thing for another player's.

Enjoy your suspension. You deserve it.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I can't even argue with that.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    There are about three active Suh threads right now, so I'm choosing to bump this one. (An answer to the other: Suh is definitely not overrated, but he certainly looks stupid.) The head-banging and the stomp were bad, but I have to echo another by saying the explanation was even worse. You needed to regain your balance? Some people are going to try to manufacture a story with this?

Come on, brother. I am the KING of crying foul when the media invents controversy, but he needs to own this. This is dirty, bush-league, ignorant football, and the sooner he admits that the sooner he can start behaving like a man.
    @kocsan

Yeah, I'm with you Mkocs, i think that was an excellent, realistic, passionate post by GoBig. It's a shame that such talented player has to pull stunts like that. I honestly thought he was not a dirty player. I thought all that BS that he said stuff to Ryan when he was hurt wasn't true. I'm beginning to change my opinion. That wasn't dirty. That was malicious. The intent was there. It's sad to say. I truly hope he cleans up his act. He has the potential to be great.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    I sure hope Goodell doesn't pull a Gary Bettman/Shanahan and go light on this thug. His consistently dirty play is offensive to watch and this happened on THANKSGIVING! This needs a big suspension. Then he can come in for another explanatory meeting. He will hopefully have plenty of time in his schedule for it.

The common denominator between Suh and Haynesworth is Coach Schwartz. It seems like Schwartz preaches "bully ball" much like Buddy Ryan did. It works a lot of the time but it can backfire.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    The common denominator between Suh and Haynesworth is Coach Schwartz. It seems like Schwartz preaches "bully ball" much like Buddy Ryan did. It works a lot of the time but it can backfire.
    I will say that I don't remember 'dirty player' being a negative on Suh when he was coming out of Nebraska, so I think Clem may have a point here, especially when you consider Schwartz's public demeanor and his general point of view towards everyone.
    @kocsan

The whole game changed after that play.Banging the guy's head into the turf was pure thug.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    There's a difference between playing dirty and hard and playing stupid. Suh plays stupid. He commits unnecessary penalties that hurt his team.

Compare that to Cortland Finnegan, who has a reputation as one of the dirtiest players in the league - but he doesn't earn a lot of penalties. He doesn't hurt his team with his actions, he helps his team. He's the kind of dirty I can appreciate.

It's the kind of player I love to watch in soccer, where it's a lot more obvious. The kind of player who will do everything to win - step on toes, commit almost-but-not-quite-fouls, play very very hard, close to the line, get under an opponent's skin, force the opponent into stupid retaliatory actions - but know when to back off and how to avoid getting sent off and hurting your team.

To continue that soccer analogy, I'll put it like this: Ndamukong Suh is Nigel de Jong, Cortland Finnegan is Mark van Bommel. Stupid dirty and smart dirty.