Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State vs. Michigan-The Greatest Rivalry In Sports

Ohio State-Michigan, greatest rivalry in sports? Bahahaha. Thanks for the laugh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    Ohio State-Michigan, greatest rivalry in sports? Bahahaha. Thanks for the laugh.
    It sure is. You gotta better one apparently?
    Last edited by BuckeyeRidley; 11-26-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: [No extra a]
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRidley View Post
    It sure is. You gotta better one apparently?
    Yankees-Red Sox, Giants-Dodgers, Cardinals-Cubs, Redskins-Cowboys, Packers-Bears, Celtics-Lakers, Army-Navy, Harvard-Yale, Alabama-Auburn, USC-UCLA.

I don't follow hockey much, but I'm told Canadians-Bruins is a really good rivalry.

I'm sure I'm excluding some great rivalries. Those were just off the top of my head. You may argue that some of those above are not as good as Ohio State-Michigan, fine. But to say its the best rivalry in all of sports is smoking crack. I'm not saying it isn't a great rivalry, but the best. Bahahahaha.

Blog Entries
    When you check the history of this game and the way that both go back & forth, you can truly say it's the best. Some of those above feature blow-outs or just become predictable. This One here; You can't always stay competitve & it resognates far and wide with fans.

The Michigan-Ohio State Rivalry is in a tough battle with Auburn-Alabama and Texas-Oklahoma for the best rivalry in college football. I personally would give it to Auburn-Alabama but that is probably because I am an SEC guy. People up north would obviously give it Ohio State-Michigan.

As for the best rivalry in ALL sports. I would have to say Yankees-Red Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Go eat a bowl of poisonous nuts.

(for the unintiated, buckeye nuts are poisonous)

So are mine.

A barn-burner of a game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RSConn5 View Post
    The Michigan-Ohio State Rivalry is in a tough battle with Auburn-Alabama and Texas-Oklahoma for the best rivalry in college football. I personally would give it to Auburn-Alabama but that is probably because I am an SEC guy. People up north would obviously give it Ohio State-Michigan.

As for the best rivalry in ALL sports. I would have to say Yankees-Red Sox.
    The length of the rivalry & the history with the coaches & the players that the schools put out help to make it The Best.

Darvon, like Biggie I too think Hoke could be a good coach for Michigan. Schembechler wasn't a household name when he got the job. Hoke has a lot of work ahead of him to transform Michigan into the kind of physical, defensively strong, run-first team I think he wants. Lots of RichRod to undo. Give him 3 years and let's see how you feel about him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Darvon, like Biggie I too think Hoke could be a good coach for Michigan. Schembechler wasn't a household name when he got the job. Hoke has a lot of work ahead of him to transform Michigan into the kind of physical, defensively strong, run-first team I think he wants. Lots of RichRod to undo. Give him 3 years and let's see how you feel about him.
    Agree. Urban Meyer was at Bowling Green and Utah prior to Florida, everyone starts somewhere. Hoke may never be as good as Meyer, but Meyer has already proven that he has the ability to be an all-timer, like Nick Saben has proven. But Hoke has every ability to make Michigan relevant vs. OSU and the rest of the Big Ten. Taking THAT team with THAT defense, and making them a top 5 scoring defense in the country (prior to today) is impressive to say the least.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRidley View Post
    The length of the rivalry & the history with the coaches & the players that the schools put out help to make it The Best.
    To be the best rivalry in all of sports, shouldn't the rivalry actually be a little competitive? I mean, sure the fans may hate each other more than any other rivalry, but when it's an Ohio State victory almost all the time in recent history, you can't really call it the best. That's just my two cents, which interestingly enough, are worth less than two cents.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01