Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regular season week 12- Denver Broncos 16 San Diego Chargers 13

One quick point about the genius of Norv.

When the Broncos were lining up for their field goal in overtime, there was about a minute left. Chargers had one time out remaining. And sure, it was basically a chip shot, so the odds are pretty good that Prater makes the kick, but I was shouting at the TV that the Chargers should have immediately taken a time out. Not to "ice the kicker" as Dan Fouts so moronically said, but to preserve the clock in case the kicker did miss. As it happened, the Chargers called time out with about 30 seconds left.

I know, it's kind of a moot point, but if Prater blows it, the Chargers now have a lot less time left to move back into field goal range. Not a major issue, but kind of indicative of a confused and ill-prepared coaching staff.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Confused and ill-prepared is a good description of whoever the Chargers put at right tackle.

Von Miller single handedly destroyed the Chargers' passing game. He was a monster.

He's reminding me of a certain NY Giant...

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Von Miller single handedly destroyed the Chargers' passing game. He was a monster.

He's reminding me of a certain NY Giant...
    Sacrilege!

Although both times I've seen him play, the guy looked like a monster.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

4. The one thing that shocked me about the time out was that the play clock was down to about 3 sec and the Broncos were out of time outs. If the Chargers don't call a time out the Broncos get a delay of game penalty and it would've turned it into a 42 yard attempt instead of a 37 yarder...

Quote Originally Posted by Charly View Post
    The one thing that shocked me about the time out was that the play clock was down to about 3 sec and the Broncos were out of time outs. If the Chargers don't call a time out the Broncos get a delay of game penalty and it would've turned it into a 42 yard attempt instead of a 37 yarder...
    Because they are the Norvous Nellies?
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Welcome to the forum Charley.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard