Thread: Week 11

Blog Entries

Week 11

We do it again. The Eagles jumped out to a 10-0 lead, and then we smoked them.

We had 11 possessions, but 2 were one play kneeldown, so we had 9 real possessions. We want between 8 and 10, and when we do, that means we're moving the ball well, and then we win.

I want to give a shout out to Julian Edelman. He was really awesome on D, including two nice hits on Vince.

Rant: Once more, I have to rant on the broadcast team. This time Gumbel and Deirdorf. How hard is it to simply say how many yards a play goes for? But, to show that even after 12 weeks of football it still is the preseason to CBS, the CBS guys rarely put up the Line of Scrimmage and First Down lines. You have, IMO, the best job in the world doing football games. Do the basics, please.

Here's the offense breakdown:

On a little note, Hoyer came in for 2 possessions in the 4th. One was 4 runs to Vereen and then other was a kneel. I wanted to see him throw, but I understand why he didn't.

Rushing:

Brady: 4 carries, 29 yards
    Green Ellis: 14 carries, 43 yards, 2 TD. 1 4 yard carry was wiped out by 12 men on the field for Philly.
    Ridley: 4 carries, 4 yards
    Welker: 1 carry, -9 yards
    Woodhead: 4 carries, 19 yards
    Vereen: 7 carries, 17 yards. 1 run of -1 yards negated by holding on Waters.

Passing:

Branch: 10 target, 6 catches, 122 yards
    Gronk: 4 target, 5 catches, 54 yards, 1 TD. 1 pass defended by Namdi
    Hernandez: 7 target, 6 catches, 63 yards. 1 6 yard catch negated by defensive offsides. 1 pass defended by Laws
    Wekler: 12 targets, 8 catches, 123 yards, 2 TD. 1 pass defended
    Underwood: 1 target, 0 catches. He's some guy we signed this week. He was wide open, and barely missed a catch. If it had been Price or Slater, it's a completion. We didn't need it, but, still, I wonder why he was even in the game.

Sacks: 1

Overall, we played well. The running game was good, but not special. Welker and Branch abused the Eagles D. I'm happy with how we played.

Current playoff seeding: AFC #2 seed.
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.

I love how mentally tough the team is this year. They didn't blink at all after going down 10-0.

Quote Originally Posted by cml View Post
    I love how mentally tough the team is this year. They didn't blink at all after going down 10-0.
    I don't think many teams would blink with Vince Young as the QB for the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by RSConn5 View Post
    I don't think many teams would blink with Vince Young as the QB for the other team.
    The 2009 Patriots team would have.

Recent years, I've had doubts about the Pats' mental toughness. I have no such doubts this year.

No asides to the talent level or the execution by the pats today, but this top dollar secondary of the iggles sucks! like I said before the season started asomugha was way overrated. He's no shut down corner. Kudos to new England for hanging in early, and Damn Brady for the second time this fantasy year having a 50+ pt game when i played him in fantasy! I felt good after the 1st quarter, and well, that mirage disappeared!!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Remember my words from 4 weeks ago - "this Patriots team is not making the Super Bowl," and "No way the Pats win 12 games."

After reading those bold statements, feel free to laugh at me. That was a dominating performance by a team that seems to have figured things out.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    No asides to the talent level or the execution by the pats today, but this top dollar secondary of the iggles sucks! like I said before the season started asomugha was way overrated. He's no shut down corner. Kudos to new England for hanging in early, and Damn Brady for the second time this fantasy year having a 50+ pt game when i played him in fantasy! I felt good after the 1st quarter, and well, that mirage disappeared!!
    To be fair to Namdi, he almost blew his knee out on Thursday. He didn't play poorly given that. While they did have some secondary breakdowns, so did we. Both teams are beat up in the back four. Desean hurt them with like four drops, and we finally started going back to a fast pace to keep the D on the field. As I said back in August, I think that this Eagles team is a Super Bowl team next year, when they've had a full offseason to get the right schemes in place and to better mesh. Philly did have a good game plan, to attack our back four, but once the front seven got a couple stops and Tom got us on the board, they seemed to panic and go away from it. Shady played very well for them, and Vince did too. That said, I don't think Julian makes some of the plays on Vick that he made on Vince.
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.

Gertrude has a new found love for the Tiny Dancer! Dance away Julian, dance away!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    To be fair to Namdi, he almost blew his knee out on Thursday. He didn't play poorly given that. While they did have some secondary breakdowns, so did we. Both teams are beat up in the back four. Desean hurt them with like four drops, and we finally started going back to a fast pace to keep the D on the field. As I said back in August, I think that this Eagles team is a Super Bowl team next year, when they've had a full offseason to get the right schemes in place and to better mesh. Philly did have a good game plan, to attack our back four, but once the front seven got a couple stops and Tom got us on the board, they seemed to panic and go away from it. Shady played very well for them, and Vince did too. That said, I don't think Julian makes some of the plays on Vick that he made on Vince.
    You are right about that Amy. Nnamdi is so not overrated. Early in the season he struggled with a new defense, but he has done very well since. This is a very talented football team, and I agree that with a proper off-season this eagles squad would be contending this year. Looks to be that it will be "next year" again. The play against the Cowpies a few weeks ago shows what the eagles are capable of. The talent dictates they should have bullied every team this season. Instead of grinning like a slit watermelon, I'm looking to pitch myself off a bridge.