Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: With the 149th Pick in the NFL Draft, the Bengals Select: K Evan McPherson, Florida

PFF CIN Bengals

@PFF_Bengals

·
    2m

Evan McPherson made all 52 of his extra point attempts last season and 77.3% of his FGA. Last season he finished:
    11-11 on FGAs under 40 yards
    2-4 on FGAs between 40-49 yards
    4-7 on FGAs of 50+ yards

Jay Morrison

@JayMorrisonATH

·
    3m
    While he'll compete with Austin Seibert for the job, I don't think we'll see a battle similar to what we saw in 2017 with Jake Elliott and Randy Bullock, where Elliott had to dominate to win the job. McPherson steps in as the favorite, and Seibert will have the uphill climb.

Paul Dehner Jr.

@pauldehnerjr

·
    3m
    Agreed. It would take a pretty disastrous August for McPherson to not be the Bengals kicker on opening day.

Steve Depoe

@stevedepo

·
    3m

Bad kicker costs you games.

77% of your FG attempts is terible.

Shayne graham

@Shaynegraham17

·
    7m
    I can’t even tell you how proud I am of you @McPherson_Evan
    Such a hard worker, elite talent, explosive leg, and even better person. It was an absolute honor to be your coach for the time I had with you. I love you and look forward to you being solid for many years to come.

Charlie Goldsmith

@CharlieG__

·
    50s
    OC Brian Callahan on drafting kicker Evan McPherson in the fifth round. “It was a huge difference when your field goal range started creeping closer to the 40-yard line than the 35.”

Jay Morrison

@JayMorrisonATH

·
    17s
    #Bengals special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons says he fully expects Evan McPherson to be the kicker this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    77% of your FG attempts is terible.
    Dude you have to look at where the kicks are coming from.

A lot of college kickers don’t attempt 50 yarders and still have worse FG percentages.

He was 100 percent under 40. Rare for college kids. And still over 50 percent from long range.